Today I received a lovely comment and the One Lovely Blog Award from Paula at vintagekitchennotes. What an honour! Thank you so much to http://vintagekitchennotes.blogspot.co.uk/
for this … I am totally bowled over!
The fabulous thing about awards is that you then get to link to other blogs and show their work. You also have to complete a couple of other tasks:
1) Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
2) Paste the image on your blog.
3) Tell 7 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 5 other blogs you would like the award to go to, letting them know via their blogs.
5) Include this set of rules in your post.
So, seven things about me:
* I am a committed vegetarian (no eggs or fish) and have been since I was 11.
* I have two cats, Mog and Ollie McGinge.
* I have a morbid fear of escalators (!!!).
* I speak a little Latvian.
* I love The Hairy Bikers!
* My favourite book is ‘The Machine Gunners’ by Robert Westall and this inspired me to write a book for children (which I finished about two years ago!).
* My favourite ingredient is garlic!
So, my five ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ blog nominees:
Laura at http://lauraliciousrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/
I love the diversity of Laura’s recipes and she does some gorgeous veggie pasta dishes!
Laura at http://theartofcookingrealfood.blogspot.co.uk/
The soups and stews section on this blog look and sound delicious…
Lisa at http://lisamichele.wordpress.com/
Lisa’s beautiful, beautiful cooking makes me hungry and her stories are just brilliant!
Barbara at http://www.doitmyself.org/
If, one day, I can make amazing cakes like these, I will give up teaching and bake forever!
Kaitlin at http://www.whisk-kid.com/
One day, my desserts will look as neat and elegant as Kaitlin’s… :)
I hope these people do brilliantly in their blogging – they are all fantastic. There were so many others I wanted to mention too…. I’ll keep adding them to my ‘Brilliant Blogs’ section.
Happy Baking (or cooking) !